Thursday, November 19, 2009

The swine flu vaccine

Many people are concerned about whether to get the swine flu vaccine. This vaccine is said to prevent the H1N1 virus from infecting the people who take it. There's two kinds of H1N1 vaccines, the nasal and the shot form. However, many side effects of the vaccine have been all over the news, such as 25 year old Deseray Jennings, who has a serious side effect known as Dystonia which is a neurological movement disorder in which sustained muscle contractions cause twisting and repetitive movements or abnormal postures. The poor girl can only walk backwards normally and when she runs forward, she can speak normally and run normally.
I honestly think it might be a load of bullshit, but who knows. I refused to get the vaccine because of the side effects it might bring. I would rather get the swine flu and be sick for a week, then have a rare neurological disorder for the rest of my life. A bunch of kids started getting the swine flu or the regular flu on my track team. So my mom was all worries and paranoid that I might get the flu, so I ended up getting the regular flu shot which wasn't too bad. I just have a little pain in my shoulder.
I feel like if people stop worrying about it so much, peoples lives would be a lot easier. In most of my classes we are forced to use Hand Sanitizer every day. Which in theory is good because it kills germs. But it also kills 99.8 % of germs which means a lot of good germs are killed thus making you less immune to getting sickness. Also, people may ingest it to get intoxicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment